Facebook’s FbStart has invested in a Singapore-based ed-tech startup that counts India as critical market
As part of
JobSenz, which considers India as its essential market, has entered FbStart’s list that already has
The mobile application JobSenz was founded by Monish Karam an year back. The startup brings coaching centres and educators on a platform where they can sell their study material directly to students and professionals.
The JobSenz app permits job seekers to hunt down and discover opportunities through its job search engine and get ready and download their resume utilizing a multi-lingual resume builder.
"Not all coaching centers across India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh can have their own mobile app or web app to provide live coaching materials to their students. This creates a level playing field across all educators and coaching centers across these three countries, while also serving as a new revenue stream for them," Karam told ET.
As per Karam, the startup's revenue model incorporates charging a percentage of all sales of premium educational content by coaching centers on its mobile platform. "Apart from advertising, we are focusing on job and resume service for additional revenue sources," Karam told ET.
Facebook, earlier this year reportedly, distributed over $21 million worth benefits to startup in India and about $ 50 million to startups in Asia. Its first accusation was also in India. It acquired Little Eye Labs which makes a software tool for analyzing the performance of
Popular on BI
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life