FedEx is reportedly severing shipping ties with Amazon as Jeff Bezos' company scales up its own logistics operation
- FedEx is ending its ground shipping relationship with Amazon, according to Bloomberg News.
- In recent months, FedEx has made it clear that it views Amazon as a competitor rather than a partner.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
FedEx is ending its ground delivery contract with Amazon, Bloomberg News reported on Wednesday, citing a statement from the shipping service.
The move comes as Amazon works to scale up its own logistics and delivery services, including hiring its own fleet of full-time drivers to deliver packages to Prime customers.
"This change is consistent with our strategy to focus on the broader e-commerce market," FedEx said in the statement to Bloomberg.
Amazon was responsible for just over 1% of FedEx's sales in 2018. Over the past year, FedEx's leadership has made it clear that it viewed Amazon as a competitive threat, and not a collaborative partner.
"[We] look at Amazon as a wonderful company and service and they're a good customer of ours," Smith said in a December earnings call. "We don't see them as a peer competitor at this point in time. For many reasons, we think it is doubtful that will be the case."
This story is developing...
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders