There are no nationwide bank holidays in February 2021, only region-specific festivals
- February 2021 doesn’t not include any bank holidays that will apply across India.
- States like Mizoram, Sikkim, Gujarat or Uttar Pradesh may be shut for just one day due to region-specific festivals.
- For instance, banks in Gangtok will be closed on February 12 due to Sonam Losar and in Ahmedabad on February 20 due to State Day.
The good news in February is that there aren’t any bank holidays that are applicable across the country, however banks may close their doors in certain states like Sikkim, Gujarat or Uttar Pradesh depending on region-specific festivals.
Other than festivals, banks will remain closed on the second and fourth Saturdays of the months as per the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) regulations.
AdvertisementHere’s a full list of the bank holidays in February 2021 across India:
Source: Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
|February 12||Friday||Sonam Losar||Gangtok|
|February 16||Tuesday||Vasant Pachami||Agartala, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata|
|February 19||Friday||Chhtrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti||Belapur, Mumbai, Nagpur|
|February 20||Saturday||State Day||Ahmedabad|
|February 26||Friday||Hazrat Ali Jayanti||Kanpur, Lucknow|
Myanmar's Aung San Suu Kyi detained in early-morning raid
A quick look at how Sensex performed historically for a month post the budget announcement
Popular on BI
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Watch a raven take out a Google drone mid-air as the tech giant is forced to ground its home delivery service due to bird attacks
- Those who have held these stocks for a decade have only lost money
- MyGlamm has set aside $100 million to acquire 6 beauty and personal care brands under new entity
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state
- IPL 2021: Mumbai Indians slips down to seventh spot after losing a match to RCB