There are no nationwide bank holidays in February 2021, only region-specific festivals
- February 2021 doesn’t not include any bank holidays that will apply across India.
- States like Mizoram, Sikkim, Gujarat or Uttar Pradesh may be shut for just one day due to region-specific festivals.
- For instance, banks in Gangtok will be closed on February 12 due to Sonam Losar and in Ahmedabad on February 20 due to State Day.
The good news in February is that there aren’t any bank holidays that are applicable across the country, however banks may close their doors in certain states like Sikkim, Gujarat or Uttar Pradesh depending on region-specific festivals.
Other than festivals, banks will remain closed on the second and fourth Saturdays of the months as per the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) regulations.
AdvertisementHere’s a full list of the bank holidays in February 2021 across India:
Source: Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
|February 12||Friday||Sonam Losar||Gangtok|
|February 16||Tuesday||Vasant Pachami||Agartala, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata|
|February 19||Friday||Chhtrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti||Belapur, Mumbai, Nagpur|
|February 20||Saturday||State Day||Ahmedabad|
|February 26||Friday||Hazrat Ali Jayanti||Kanpur, Lucknow|
Myanmar's Aung San Suu Kyi detained in early-morning raid
A quick look at how Sensex performed historically for a month post the budget announcement
Popular on BI
- Reliance Industries net profit more than triples in the last eight quarters to $2.8 billion
- Reliance Retail earns $1.3 billion more than its best-ever quarter
- Reliance Jio is making the most money it has ever made from its subscribers
- Twitter’s long-awaited hexagonal profile pictures that give bragging rights to NFT HOLDers is here — but not everyone loves it
- IIT-Bombay’s annual socio-weekend to start from January 22