Here’s the complete list of Bank Holidays in August 2020
- The two nationwide banking holidays in August are Eid on August 1 and Independence Day on August 15.
- Banking holiday for Sri Krishna Janmashtami will fall either on August 11 or on August 12 depending from state-to-state.
- Banks in Jammu, Ranchi and Srinagar will have no working weekends this month.
Many of the banking holidays in August are state-specific except for two, Eid-Ul-Adha and Independence Day. In most cities across India, banks will remain shut on August 1 and on August 15 — the first and third Saturdays of the month.
Banks in most parts of the country will still be open on the final Saturday of August 29, except for in Jammu, Ranchi, and Srinagar where there’s a holiday for Karma Puja and Ashura.
Overall, there are nine banking holidays in August. Sri Krishna Janmashtami will be the most widespread holiday but is celebrated either on August 11 or August 12 depending on the state.
Here is a complete list of state-specific holidays in August and the locations where banks will be shut:
|August 3||Raksha Bandhan||Ahmedabad, Dehradun, Jaipur, Kanpur, and Lucknow|
|August 11||Sri Krishna Janmashtami||Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Patna|
|August 12||Sri Krishna Janmashtami||Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, and Srinagar|
|August 13||Patriot’s Day||Imphal|
|August 20||Tithi of Srimanta Sankardeva||Guwahati|
|August 22||Ganesh Chaturthi||Ahmedabad, Belapur, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, and Panaji|
|August 29||Karma Puja/Ashura||Jammu, Ranchi, and Srinagar|
|August 31||Indra Jatra/Thiruvonam||Gangtok, Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram|
Popular on BI
- GST Council meet: No new tax on food delivery apps Swiggy, Zomato
- SBI, Kotak Mahindra and others cut home loan rates ahead of festive season
- Virat Kohli's T20I journey as captain is better than Dhoni's
- Gen Z decoded: MTV's latest report reflects Gen Z’s behavior patterns,mindsets, habits and perceptions
- From ecommerce to payments — here are the top funded business models of last one year