Here’s the complete list of Bank Holidays in August 2020
- The two nationwide banking holidays in August are Eid on August 1 and Independence Day on August 15.
- Banking holiday for Sri Krishna Janmashtami will fall either on August 11 or on August 12 depending from state-to-state.
- Banks in Jammu, Ranchi and Srinagar will have no working weekends this month.
Many of the banking holidays in August are state-specific except for two, Eid-Ul-Adha and Independence Day. In most cities across India, banks will remain shut on August 1 and on August 15 — the first and third Saturdays of the month.
Banks in most parts of the country will still be open on the final Saturday of August 29, except for in Jammu, Ranchi, and Srinagar where there’s a holiday for Karma Puja and Ashura.
Overall, there are nine banking holidays in August. Sri Krishna Janmashtami will be the most widespread holiday but is celebrated either on August 11 or August 12 depending on the state.
Here is a complete list of state-specific holidays in August and the locations where banks will be shut:
|August 3||Raksha Bandhan||Ahmedabad, Dehradun, Jaipur, Kanpur, and Lucknow|
|August 11||Sri Krishna Janmashtami||Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Patna|
|August 12||Sri Krishna Janmashtami||Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, and Srinagar|
|August 13||Patriot’s Day||Imphal|
|August 20||Tithi of Srimanta Sankardeva||Guwahati|
|August 22||Ganesh Chaturthi||Ahmedabad, Belapur, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, and Panaji|
|August 29||Karma Puja/Ashura||Jammu, Ranchi, and Srinagar|
|August 31||Indra Jatra/Thiruvonam||Gangtok, Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram|
Popular on BI
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA
- Domestic occupiers keep office space demand high in 2023
- Nifty, Sensex bounce back on Friday but experts see resistance at higher levels
- Temperature's Toll: Hospitals see a surge in drug and alcohol abuse-related visits on hotter nights, study reveals