Here’s the complete list of Bank Holidays in August 2020
- The two nationwide banking holidays in August are Eid on August 1 and Independence Day on August 15.
- Banking holiday for Sri Krishna Janmashtami will fall either on August 11 or on August 12 depending from state-to-state.
- Banks in Jammu, Ranchi and Srinagar will have no working weekends this month.
Many of the banking holidays in August are state-specific except for two, Eid-Ul-Adha and Independence Day. In most cities across India, banks will remain shut on August 1 and on August 15 — the first and third Saturdays of the month.
Banks in most parts of the country will still be open on the final Saturday of August 29, except for in Jammu, Ranchi, and Srinagar where there’s a holiday for Karma Puja and Ashura.
Overall, there are nine banking holidays in August. Sri Krishna Janmashtami will be the most widespread holiday but is celebrated either on August 11 or August 12 depending on the state.
Here is a complete list of state-specific holidays in August and the locations where banks will be shut:
|August 3||Raksha Bandhan||Ahmedabad, Dehradun, Jaipur, Kanpur, and Lucknow|
|August 11||Sri Krishna Janmashtami||Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Patna|
|August 12||Sri Krishna Janmashtami||Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, and Srinagar|
|August 13||Patriot’s Day||Imphal|
|August 20||Tithi of Srimanta Sankardeva||Guwahati|
|August 22||Ganesh Chaturthi||Ahmedabad, Belapur, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, and Panaji|
|August 29||Karma Puja/Ashura||Jammu, Ranchi, and Srinagar|
|August 31||Indra Jatra/Thiruvonam||Gangtok, Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram|
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- It’s not just Mercedes, even bank deposits are competing with equities
- A former Facebook exec says an employee at a 'large tech company' once complained to the CEO in an all-hands meeting about the quality of company toilet paper
- India will succeed in handling inflation better: Sitharaman
- India's GDP growth comes in at 6.3% in Q2: manufacturing, mining witness negative growth
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed by a whole 35.49 times on last day
- Sensex, Nifty50 rewrite all-time highs yet again – RIL, HDFC twins most active, ICICI Bank touches new 52-week high
- Bollywood films failing is a phase, our films will bounce back strongly: Kajol