IDBI Bank posts 60% growth in profit in third quarter
The Bank's interest income went up 13 per cent to Rs 5,231 crore, against Rs 4,624 crore in the year-ago period. Non-interest income declined 25 per cent to Rs 857 crore against Rs 1,138 crore in the year-ago period. Net interest income wentup 23 per cent to Rs 2,925 crore against Rs 2,383 crore in the year-ago period while operating profit rose 16 per cent to Rs 2,051 crore against Rs 1,768 crore in the year-ago period.
The Mumbai-headquartered bank said, "CASA (current account savings account) increased to Rs 1,26,663 crore as on December 31, 2022, as against Rs 1,21,732 as on December 31, 2021 (year-on-year growth of 4 per cent).
Net advances grew by 17 per cent to Rs 1,48,213 crore as on December 31, 2022 as against Rs 1,26,372 as on December 31, 2021, according to a bank statement released on Monday.
Gross NPA ratio improved to 13.82 per cent as on December 31, 2022 as against 21.68 per cent as on December 31, 2021.
"Gross NPA stood at 16.51 per cent as on September 30, 2022," the bank said in a statement shared with exchanges on Monday.
IDBI Bank's equity shares are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the
The shares of the bank were trading at Rs 54.90 apiece, a surge of 0.46 per cent over the previous close, according to
Canara Bank Q3 profit surges 92% to ₹2,882 crore
Govt may not announce capital infusion for PSU banks in Budget 2023-24
Popular on BI
- Silicon Valley needs to stop laying off workers and start firing CEOs
- A laid-off Google engineer describes losing his 'only career' 16 years after starting as an intern
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- E-commerce giant eBay to layoff 500 employees
- India to grow at 6.4% in FY24 says RBI, projects FY23 growth rate at 7%
- Hero MotoCorp shares fall 2% after earnings announcement
- Cold drinks, candy & now 'change': India to test coin vending machines that use UPI
- Earthquake: NATO flags fly half-mast in soldarity with ally Turkey