The most valuable credit cardholders are not from HDFC, SBI, Citi or other major credit card companies
- Credit card usage in India has surpassed debit card usage, crossing the ₹1 lakh crore per month mark.
- On an average, credit card users spend ₹14,500 per month.
- However, what defines a credit card company’s quality of cardholders? And which company has the most valuable cardholders? We find out.
AdvertisementWhen you think of credit cards, the first few names that pop up in your mind are most likely HDFC Bank, State Bank of India, Citi, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank and perhaps even Kotak Mahindra Bank. But did you know none of these credit card issuers have the most valuable credit cardholders?
In fact, none of them rank in the top five when it comes to two critical metrics – the most valuable customers in terms of both value per transaction, and value per cardholder.
According to data released by the
The surprising topper in both the lists is IndusInd Bank, which processed nearly ₹5,700 crore worth of credit card transactions in the month of March 2022. While this pales in comparison to market leaders like HDFC Bank and State Bank of India, it shows that the quality of credit cardholders of
The value per cardholder metric is important, too, since it shows how much each card holder was worth in March 2022.
However, when it comes to the overall market share, HDFC Bank continues to assert its dominance, with 22%. Three out of every four credit cards come from these top five credit card issuers in India.
In terms of the total value of transactions, though, HDFC Bank cornered 27% market share – every ₹1 out of ₹4 credit card spends were made using an HDFC Bank credit card.
IndusInd Bank shows up on this list, too – albeit at the fifth place with a share of a mere 5%.
On an average, Indian credit card users spend ₹14,500 per month, with a major part of those spends being on online transactions.
An Indian credit card user spends ₹14,500 a month on average – 20x more than debit card users
Foreign investors have pulled out more money this year than they brought in between 2009-2021
These states in India are paying up to ₹15 extra on petrol compared to other states
Popular on BI
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World