SBI's mobile banking seems to have hit a snag — this time without a warning
- State Bank of India’s (SBI) mobile banking services have been down for over an hour.
- The outage is occurring on a day that branches are closed for business since its the first day of the new financial year.
- Normally, the bank issues a warning if servers are going to be down for maintenance but there was no advance notice this time around.
Users started to flag off issues at around 10:00 am and reports are continuing to surge an hour later, according to DownDetector.
We request our esteemed customers to bear with us as we upgrade our digital banking platforms to provide a better o… https://t.co/TOc8M2Lrls— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) 1617256826000
Normally, if the servers are down for maintenance, the bank sends out a message to its users that digital services will be unavailable during a specified period of time. However, this time around there was no warning.
The outage is also occurring on a day SBI’s branches are closed for business since it's the first day of the financial year.
On 30th it was @HDFC_Bank, today it's @TheOfficialSBI...what is happening to the Banking sector!Is this a sequenti… https://t.co/cwFeqLCRWL— Siddharth Jain (@iamsidthefreak) 1617253320000
SBI yono app isn't working, is it down?@TheOfficialSBI #YONOApp— Aditi Sharma (@adieti27) 1617254417000
SBI is yet to issue an official statement on why the YONO app and other methods of mobile banking are facing an outage. The bank is yet to respond to Business Insider India’s request for clarification on the issue.
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions
- Here are some of Netaji’s inspirational quotes as India remembers its valiant fighter
- Lifecycle of cryptocurrencies – From creation to trade and destruction
- Reliance Industries net profit more than triples in the last eight quarters to $2.8 billion
- Reliance Retail earns $1.3 billion more than its best-ever quarter