SBI's mobile banking seems to have hit a snag — this time without a warning
- State Bank of India’s (SBI) mobile banking services have been down for over an hour.
- The outage is occurring on a day that branches are closed for business since its the first day of the new financial year.
- Normally, the bank issues a warning if servers are going to be down for maintenance but there was no advance notice this time around.
AdvertisementCustomers of India’s biggest bank, the State Bank of India (SBI), are facing issues while trying to push through online transactions. Users are unable to log into the bank’s flagship mobile app, YONO, nor are they able to push through payments using the Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
Users started to flag off issues at around 10:00 am and reports are continuing to surge an hour later, according to DownDetector.
The bank did issue a notice on Twitter on March 31, and again at 11:30 am today, that its services will be down between 2:10 pm to 5:40 pm today, however that does not account for the current outage that users are facing.
We request our esteemed customers to bear with us as we upgrade our digital banking platforms to provide a better o… https://t.co/TOc8M2Lrls— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) 1617256826000
Normally, if the servers are down for maintenance, the bank sends out a message to its users that digital services will be unavailable during a specified period of time. However, this time around there was no warning.
The outage is also occurring on a day SBI’s branches are closed for business since it's the first day of the financial year.
On 30th it was @HDFC_Bank, today it's @TheOfficialSBI...what is happening to the Banking sector!Is this a sequenti… https://t.co/cwFeqLCRWL— Siddharth Jain (@iamsidthefreak) 1617253320000
SBI yono app isn't working, is it down?@TheOfficialSBI #YONOApp— Aditi Sharma (@adieti27) 1617254417000
SBI is yet to issue an official statement on why the YONO app and other methods of mobile banking are facing an outage. The bank is yet to respond to Business Insider India’s request for clarification on the issue.
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- Sensex, Nifty50 trade in the green amidst volatility: Coal India, Airtel, Maruti Suzuki amongst top losers
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June