6 actors who are making $1 million or more per episode for TV shows
Apple TV Plus
- Steve Carell, Kerry Washington, and more are making $1 million an episode for upcoming TV shows, according to Variety.
- Reese Witherspoon, who reportedly earned at least $1 million an episode for Apple's "The Morning Show," will do so again for Hulu's "Little Fires Everywhere."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Steve Carell, Kerry Washington, and more are joining the coveted $1 million club for their TV work.
Washington and Carell will each earn $1 million per episode for Hulu's "Little Fires Everywhere" and Netflix's "Space Force," respectively. The salaries were revealed in a Tuesday report from Variety.
Multiple outlets - including Variety and The Hollywood Reporter - have reported that Reese Witherspoon made at least $1 million an episode for Apple's "The Morning Show," which debuted last month. She'll earn that again for Hulu's "Little Fires Everywhere." Carell, who also starred in "The Morning Show," earned $750,000 for the series, so his Netflix pay is a step up.
TV salaries have ballooned in recent years as the streaming wars heat up and more actors make the move from the big screen to the small screen.
Below are six actors who are making $1 million or more per episode for upcoming TV shows, according to Variety:
Steve Carell — $1 million
Jeff Bridges — $1 million
Nicole Kidman — $1 million
Reese Witherspoon — $1.1 million
Kerry Washington — $1.1 million
Harrison Ford — $1.2 million
- Rishi Sunak on spending spree on skills, healthcare in UK Budget
- New IPL teams: BCCI expecting anything between ₹7,000-₹10,000 crore with Adani, Goenka, Aurobindo in fray
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one