Apollo tackles fintech investing - ContractPodAi pitch deck - 4-day work weeks
On the agenda today:
- Apollo is getting into fintech investing with the help of a Wall Street veteran.
- ContractPodAi used this pitch deck to land the first Vision Fund legal-tech investment.
- The author of a book about four-day work weeks shared his tips for productivity.
Let's get started.
Apollo has partnered with Motive, a PE firm led by a former top JPMorgan exec Blythe Masters, to break into fintech investing. Here are three slides breaking down how they plan to tackle dealmaking.
ContractPodAi, a contract-lifecycle-management startup, used a seven-page deck and a 10-minute pitch to land the first-ever Vision Fund legal-tech investment. CEO and co-founder Sarvarth Misra walked Insider through the deck he used to impress SoftBank. See the deck here, and check out our library of other pitch decks here.
The first bitcoin-linked exchange-traded fund premiered on the New York Stock Exchange yesterday. The ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF tracks bitcoin futures rather than bitcoin itself. The fund, which trades under the ticker BITO, rose 5%, while bitcoin itself rose 2%. More on that here.
Joe Sanok, the author of a new book about the four-day work week, told us to ditch the to-do lists, forget about five-year plans, and try productivity "sprints" to get more done. Read his advice for making the most out of your week.
On our radar:
- Carlyle Group's CEO said that the best returns come from growth stocks, CNBC reported. Watch his interview here.
- Financial News explains why earning $100,000 still isn't enough for some junior bankers.
- Office life is collapsing and Gen Z overwhelmingly wants the freedom to work remotely. Now they'll have to learn how to become adults over Zoom.
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months