Apollo tackles fintech investing - ContractPodAi pitch deck - 4-day work weeks
On the agenda today:
- Apollo is getting into fintech investing with the help of a Wall Street veteran.
- ContractPodAi used this pitch deck to land the first Vision Fund legal-tech investment.
- The author of a book about four-day work weeks shared his tips for productivity.
Let's get started.
Apollo has partnered with Motive, a PE firm led by a former top JPMorgan exec Blythe Masters, to break into fintech investing. Here are three slides breaking down how they plan to tackle dealmaking.
ContractPodAi, a contract-lifecycle-management startup, used a seven-page deck and a 10-minute pitch to land the first-ever Vision Fund legal-tech investment. CEO and co-founder Sarvarth Misra walked Insider through the deck he used to impress SoftBank. See the deck here, and check out our library of other pitch decks here.
The first bitcoin-linked exchange-traded fund premiered on the New York Stock Exchange yesterday. The ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF tracks bitcoin futures rather than bitcoin itself. The fund, which trades under the ticker BITO, rose 5%, while bitcoin itself rose 2%. More on that here.
Joe Sanok, the author of a new book about the four-day work week, told us to ditch the to-do lists, forget about five-year plans, and try productivity "sprints" to get more done. Read his advice for making the most out of your week.
On our radar:
- Carlyle Group's CEO said that the best returns come from growth stocks, CNBC reported. Watch his interview here.
- Financial News explains why earning $100,000 still isn't enough for some junior bankers.
- Office life is collapsing and Gen Z overwhelmingly wants the freedom to work remotely. Now they'll have to learn how to become adults over Zoom.
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- RBI downgrades FY23 GDP growth projections to 6.8% - lower than World Bank and other global agencies
- RBI hikes repo rate by 35 bps, taking it to 6.25% – Das says bank has ‘Arjuna’s eye’ on inflation
- Indian markets open flat ahead of RBI policy outcome – Vedanta, HDFC AMC, Bikaji Foods among stocks to watch out for
- India is home to a great diversity of faiths: US
- Uniparts India IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World