Big rainmakers on Wall Street
Hello! It's a holiday in the US. But while that means many Wall Street pros are technically off but in reality, glued to their Slack, WhatsApp, and work email, our team is actually not working today. So if you're looking for some great finance reads, look no further. We have a few for you here. Your usual host Dan DeFrancesco will be back tomorrow. For now, let's dive in.
If this was forwarded to you, sign up here.
1. ChatGPT could upend jobs across Wall Street. From investment banking and dealmaking to wealth management and financial planning, we're digging into how six key areas in finance could be affected. Read here.
2. Wall Street's big rainmakers: In 2022, top investment banks still pushed blockbuster deals over the line during what was a tough year for M&A. We rounded up the 20 powerhouse bankers who orchestrated the biggest deals of 2022. Check out our list.
3. Meet 8 execs at payment powerhouses like PayPal, Stripe, and Visa. If there's a piece of the fintech pie everyone seems to want this year, it's payments — and these execs are leading innovative teams and projects to stave off competition from banks and startups. See our full list here.
4. Larry Fink has a new chief of staff. The BlackRock CEO has named executive Willie Alford as his new COS. It's an under-the-radar position that's become a powerful post at the firm. Here's what to know.
5. We've revealed entry-level private-equity salaries at top firms. Some of the most recent private-equity recruits will rake in nearly $200,000 in base pay alone. See out what Blackstone, KKR, and Oaktree are offering associates here.
- Electric two-wheeler sales grow by 24% in February 2024, Ola Electric leads with over 40% market share
- Gupshup launches Conversation Cloud, AI-powered tool for businesses
- Platinum Industries shares make market debut with over 33% premium
- Exicom Tele-Systems' shares debut with nearly 87% premium
- China retains 5% growth target for 2024 as economy struggles to shake off slowdown