Blackstone pays millions in fees to former dealmaker - PE recruiting update - BNPLs enjoy record growth
Happy hump day!
We're not even out of 2020, but 2021 is already shaping up to be a big year for IPOs. Robinhood has tapped Goldman Sachs to lead its IPO, which will occur in 2021, according to a report out of Reuters.
In other fintech news, Betterment founder and CEO Jon Stein announced he's stepping down effective immediately. His successor? Sarah Kirshbaum Levy, the former COO of ViacomCBS and an advisor to Betterment since October.
Great deep dive here from Dakin Campbell and Nicole Einbinder on a former Blackstone dealmaker who got a nice fee for setting up his old shop with a deal.
Chinh Chu, who was a senior managing director at Blackstone, and his business partner Bill Foley received $12 million for their involvement in Blackstone nabbing $16.6 billion to manage on behalf of Iowa insurance company F&G.
Dakin and Nicole have a great look at Chu's relationship with his former firm, and why the payment is being described as a "kickback" by one expert.
JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon just threw his support behind a second stimulus package: 'The damage will be far less if we help them'
JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon with some pointed comments about the need for a second stimulus package. Reed Alexander has the rundown on Dimon's comments on more federal aid, along with his distaste for so-called Zoom culture. Read more here.
Some interesting insight off the back of our PE recruiting webinar. Reed Alexander has the rundown on how junior-level investment bankers are holding off on entering the recruiting cycle. Read more here.
There are few trends in fintech hotter than buy now, pay later. In many ways, Black Friday and Cyber Monday represent the Super Bowl for these point-of-sale financing providers. Shannen Balogh has some great stats on how five of the biggest players in the space did. Read more here.
Here's the 11-slide pitch deck a startup that analyzes consumers' digital behavior to fight fraud used to raise a $7 million Series A
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts