D.E. Shaw's data dilemma - Bitcoin ETF trades today - Citi nabs Capital One exec
On the agenda today:
- D.E. Shaw explains how it uses Google data to supercharge its macro strategy.
- The first-ever Bitcoin ETF will start trading today.
- Citi poached an alum of Capital One and PayPal.
Let's get started.
D. E. Shaw, the secretive $60 billion fund, reveals how it manipulates raw datasets like Google's geolocation info - offering a look at how one of the smartest buy-side firms in the world makes its secret sauce. Take a look at how it's done.
Katy Ingle, Bank of America's head of diversity and inclusion for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, told us she wouldn't have gone to university had a mentor not encouraged her to do so. Ingle shared her advice for climbing the corporate ladder, starting with finding a mentor.
Naveed Anwar will be joining Citi for a new role leading its digital strategy in a division considered the "backbone" of the bank. Anwar, a Capital One exec, previously spent time working with AOL and PayPal. Get the latest on his new role.
ProShares is slated to launch the first-ever bitcoin-linked exchange-traded fund in the US today. The ETF will trade under the ticker symbol "BITO" on the New York Stock Exchange, the company said. Here's what else you should know.
In the next few years, TD Bank plans to hire 350 financial advisors and launch a robo-advisor in the hopes of taking its wealth-management business to the next level. Get the full rundown here.
On our radar:
- Crypto has attracted massive attention this year, but the frenzy can often seem like nonsense. We answered all your crypto questions, like "Am I dumb for not investing?"
- Zillow tumbled 11% after halting home purchases through the end of the year. More on that here.
- CNBC reported Klarna is implementing stronger credit checks in the UK as regulators crack down on BNPL.
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World