D.E. Shaw's data dilemma - Bitcoin ETF trades today - Citi nabs Capital One exec
On the agenda today:
- D.E. Shaw explains how it uses Google data to supercharge its macro strategy.
- The first-ever Bitcoin ETF will start trading today.
- Citi poached an alum of Capital One and PayPal.
Let's get started.
How D. E. Shaw uses Google data to supercharge its macro strategy
D. E. Shaw, the secretive $60 billion fund, reveals how it manipulates raw datasets like Google's geolocation info - offering a look at how one of the smartest buy-side firms in the world makes its secret sauce. Take a look at how it's done.
A senior BofA exec talks mentorship
Katy Ingle, Bank of America's head of diversity and inclusion for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, told us she wouldn't have gone to university had a mentor not encouraged her to do so. Ingle shared her advice for climbing the corporate ladder, starting with finding a mentor.
Citi nabs a Capital One and PayPal alum
Naveed Anwar will be joining Citi for a new role leading its digital strategy in a division considered the "backbone" of the bank. Anwar, a Capital One exec, previously spent time working with AOL and PayPal. Get the latest on his new role.
The first-ever bitcoin ETF will start trading today
ProShares is slated to launch the first-ever bitcoin-linked exchange-traded fund in the US today. The ETF will trade under the ticker symbol "BITO" on the New York Stock Exchange, the company said. Here's what else you should know.
TD Bank to expand its wealth-management business
In the next few years, TD Bank plans to hire 350 financial advisors and launch a robo-advisor in the hopes of taking its wealth-management business to the next level. Get the full rundown here.
On our radar:
- Crypto has attracted massive attention this year, but the frenzy can often seem like nonsense. We answered all your crypto questions, like "Am I dumb for not investing?"
- Zillow tumbled 11% after halting home purchases through the end of the year. More on that here.
- CNBC reported Klarna is implementing stronger credit checks in the UK as regulators crack down on BNPL.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Linda Yaccarino to take over as new Twitter CEO on Monday, hires key aide
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the green amid positive global cues: Wipro, Hero MotoCorp, SBI Life among stocks to watch
- OPEC Plus will continue oil output cuts as prices remain unchanged
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238