Goldman reveals big changes in consumer business - Morgan Stanley's Gorman gets pay bump - 7 wealth managers eyeing M&A
Good morning and welcome to Insider
- Meet the seven wealth-management firms on the hunt for a deal
- Goldman Sachs makes some big promotions in its consumer and wealth management group
- Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman gets a hefty raise
If you're not yet a subscriber, you can sign up here to get your daily dose of the stories dominating banking, business, and big deals.
Like the newsletter? Hate the newsletter? Feel free to drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @DanDeFrancesco.
The white-hot wealth management market is set for a year of merger mania. Meet 7 firms that are on the hunt.
2020 was a big year for dealmaking in wealth management. There is no reason to believe that'll slow down this year.
With the total number of RIA deals expected to rise between 5%-10%, there will be plenty to keep an eye on. Check out the seven firms most likely to make a move.
Click here to read the entire story.
Goldman Sachs just revealed a new strategy team to help grow its consumer and wealth business - and the 2 leaders who will be hunting for acquisitions and partnerships
Jemma Wolfe and Stephan Lambert were both tapped for big roles within Goldman Sachs' consumer and wealth management group. Find out more about their new responsibilities. Read more here.
Goldman Sachs has named 6 people to lead product development in its consumer and wealth management group - a sign of big innovations to come from the growing division
Speaking of changes in Goldman's CWM group, here are some more promotions. Specifically, six people who have been tasked with leading product development within the group. See more here.
Senior RBC junk-bond trader Todd Bondy has left to join MUFG, which is revamping its credit business
Interesting people move here in the world of fixed income. Find out why MUFG is poaching credit trading experts. Get the full rundown here.
Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman is now the highest-paid bank executive in America following a 22% raise amid a record year for the company
James Gorman got a nice pay bump after a big year for Morgan Stanley. Find out more here.
SIGN UP FOR OUR LIVE EVENT: Execs from Goldman Sachs, Lead Edge Capital, and Latham & Watkins reveal what's on tap for the red-hot IPO market in 2021
Ex-Plaid employees say they're being flooded with 'sketchy' bids to buy their shares at $1,200 each from the hidden world of private buyers
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala