JOIN US FEB 3: Execs from Goldman Sachs, Lead Edge Capital, and Latham & Watkins reveal what's on tap for the red-hot IPO market in 2021
- You can register here if you're a Business Insider subscriber for our event on February 3 at 2:30 PM ET.
The market for initial public offerings was red-hot in 2020 and it shows no signs of slowing down in the first few weeks of 2021.
Already buy-now-pay-later company Affirm tapped the public markets, and gaming software company Roblox is aiming for a direct listing sometime next month. Other high-profile firms are hiring bankers and scrambling to take advantage of equity markets that continue to hit records.
As companies look to go public, they have more choices than ever before. In addition to traditional IPOs, companies can go public by directly listing their shares on an exchange or selling to a blank check company. In December, the SEC approved the use of a direct listing to raise money in the primary markets, a decision some believe could pave the way for a wholesale replacement of the traditional IPO.
Business Insider will explore how those changes have rewritten the rules of the game and set the stage for another torrid year in IPOs with an upcoming live panel that will feature three of world's foremost authorities on going public.
Join us Wednesday, February 3 at 2:30 p.m. ET, as Insider's chief
These IPO experts will discuss what you can expect for the year ahead and how the recent changes have dramatically altered the calculus for startup entrepreneurs. They will also take reader questions.
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Mukka Proteins IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet