Meet Jared Birchall, the secretive man that Elon Musk trusts with his billions
Elon Musk's right-hand man is the most straightlaced man you'll ever meet, friends say.
- His duties have few limits, from helping
financethe Twitter buy to hiring a private investigator.
When you ask Jared Birchall's neighbors and former colleagues to describe him, they'll tell you he's soft-spoken, personable, and polite — a family man who's a leader at his local church.
In other words, pretty much the opposite of his boss, Elon Musk.
Birchall, a former Morgan Stanley banker, has for six years run Musk's family office, Excession, while mostly avoiding the limelight. He helped Musk arrange $46.5 billion in capital for his surprise takeover of Twitter, putting the quiet money manager back in the news for the first time since 2019, when he had to testify in a defamation suit filed against Musk.
Birchall's virtue is not his financial prowess — one banker who worked on Twitter's financing said he seemed relatively green — but rather his willingness to go to great lengths for Musk. For all the testimonials about his affable nature, Birchall has also shown that he's not afraid to get his hands dirty on behalf of his boss. After Musk was sued by a man he had called a "pedo guy," Birchall hired a private investigator, at Musk's behest, to dig up dirt on the man; it failed spectacularly.
Insider talked with three of Birchall's former colleagues from Merrill Lynch and two of his former neighbors from Stevenson Ranch, an affluent suburb of Los Angeles. They laughed when asked what they thought of him working for the impulsive and unpredictable Tesla founder.
"Jared's the most straightlaced person you'll ever meet," said one of the former colleagues.
SUBSCRIBE TO READ THE FULL STORY: Jared Birchall, Elon Musk's right-hand man, is a buttoned-up former banker whose loyalty has few limits
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore