Private-equity recruiting backs off — Barclays trading rout — Alts gatekeepers
Recruiting for private-equity associates is looking a whole lot different this year. As Reed Alexander and Casey Sullivan reported, private-equity firms and headhunters are backing off from going after young investment bankers in their first few weeks on the job — and setting brand new timelines for the ultra-competitive process.
It's a big reversal after years of one-upping to nab top talent out of investment banks. PE associate recruiting had started in mid-September last year, marking its earliest-ever kickoff.Speaking of recruiting, we've also assembled an interactive database of
How Wells Fargo CEO Charlie Scharf, who's under fire for his 'limited' Black talent remark, filled the bank's top ranks with white men from his JPMorgan days
Wells Fargo Chief Executive Charlie Scharf apologized on Wednesday for remarks revealed in a Reuters report that showed he believes there is a dearth of Black talent to recruit.Scharf has been shaking the bank up with new hires since he joined Wells as CEO in October 2019. Rebecca Ungarino took a look at this unique chance to transform the firm's management team — and how the roles wound up being filled. 78335123
Barclays' distressed-credit team has had a difficult stretch in 2020. That comes as sell-side distressed trading in general has taken a bath amid the upheaval from Covid-19, even as fixed-income trading numbers have been off the charts in aggregate. Alex Morrell revealed what's dragging on performance.
The CEO of Refinitiv says flexible working has boosted productivity and is here to stay at the $27 billion data giantare still sorting out what their long-term plans are, one of the largest data providers to the Street is fully embracing flexible working.
In a conversation with Dan DeFrancesco, Refinitiv CEO David Craig shared that his company has seen a 20-30% increase in productivity on core operational areas since remote work began.78335127
Look no further than Facebook's blockbuster lease at the Farley Building on Manhattan's West Side, where sources say the social media giant was able to secure a 9% discount on the deal. Dan Geiger has all the details.78335128
For Wall Street firms with big wealth businesses, an enormous amount of due diligence is required when allowing more exotic investments into the hands of financial advisers' clients.Here's a look at nine people at firm like UBS, Merrill Lynch, and Wells Fargo shaping who's investing in red-hot private markets.
- Read the full memo Goldman Sachs just sent announcing a leadership shakeup in its powerhouse M&A group
- Snowflake's mega IPO resulted in more than $100 million in fees for investment banks. Here's how much Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and 8 other banks each made.
- Demand for lab space is booming, and real-estate giant JLL just hired a new life-sciences expert to lean into the opportunity
- Giant mall owner Brookfield Properties is ditching its worst locations and redeveloping what's left into 'mini cities' that blend shopping with residential space
- Nasdaq follows the NYSE in publicly opposing SEC's proposal to drastically limit visibility into money managers' investments
- Meet the former Goldman Sachs MD who has an ambitious plan to boost the number of women overseeing funds at big money managers
- A fintech that pairs small-business borrowers with lenders just launched data-driven matchmaking aimed at reinvigorating the space after a pandemic-induced slump
- A compliance startup that helps early-stage companies close deals with incumbents just raised a $10 million Series A from Canapi Ventures, Bain Capital, and NYCA
- Here's the 10-slide pitch deck that payments startup dLocal used to raise $200 million from General Atlantic at a $1.2 billion valuation
- Here's how Columbia, NYU, and 4 other
lawschools are reworking high-stakes job interviews for students this year
- New York's top judge is sticking with an online bar exam even as complaints of tech issues mount and other states let law grads skip the test and still practice law
- PwC's inclusion chief lays out why the Big 4 firm revealed its diversity stats in 'uncomfortable' detail and how other companies should follow suit
- Accenture execs say that the firm's consulting and strategy work should bounce back from a pandemic-induced slump within a year
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister
- Cong, BJP in K'taka cross swords over vaccine promise
- AISAM likely to take key decisions on Air India divestment on Saturday
- HC stays Delhi government's decision asking 12 DU colleges to pay staff salaries from students fund