Shaktikanta Das to be RBI Governor for three more years till December 2024
- The government has extended the term of RBI governor
Shaktikanta Dasfor another three years.
- Shaktikanta Das was appointed as the 25th governor of RBI in December, 2018, for a period of three years.
- In the past, Das has also served as India’s Alternate Governor in the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, New Development Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- Check Business Insider for latest updates.
AdvertisementThe government has reappointed Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) governor Shaktikanta Das for three more years till December 2024.
Das was appointed as the 25th governor of RBI in December, 2018, for a period of three years after Urijit Patel resigned amid reportedly growing differences with the government.
"The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the reappointment of Shaktikanta Das as Reserve Bank of India Governor for a period of three years beyond 10.12.2021 or until further orders, whichever is earlier, '' said the government release.
Das, who is an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, has served in various capacities for Indian and Tamil Nadu governments, including as Economic Affairs Secretary, Revenue Secretary, and Fertilisers Secretary. He has also served as India’s Alternate Governor in the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, New Development Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
Das has vast experience in various areas of governance and has held important positions in the central and state governments in the areas of finance, taxation, industries, infrastructure, etc. He is a postgraduate from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi University.
SEE ALSO: IRCTC, Infosys, InterGlobe Aviation and other trending stocks on October 29
Zerodha founders, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, Akshay Kumar and more donate up to ₹50 crore in FY21
IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
Popular on BI
- MrBeast called out TikTok for allowing a deepfake version of him hawking $2 iPhones to run wild on the app: 'This is a serious problem'
- How an OnlyFans creator earned $60,000 from a 'marathon' livestream
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- India’s Golden Squad: The winners at Asian Games 2023
- Troubles and ethics behind the 'cute' trend of growing Kidfluencers
- Meet the Indian teens who raised funds from Sam Altman for their AI startup
- India's Henry Sugar? Jaipur man showers cash from car
- Don't ask us to help with World Cup tickets say Virat and Anushka