Tensions around high crude oil prices have eased as price goes below $100 per barrel
- After touching almost $140 per barrel, the highest in 14 years,
crude oil priceshave cooled down on easing Russia-Ukraine crisis and resurgence of COVID-19 cases in China.
- One of the biggest concerns -- high crude oil prices-- for the Indian economy has finally come under control.
- The drop in crude prices in the international market is a big relief for India as it imports 85% of its oil demand.
AdvertisementAfter a sharp rise in crude oil prices for a couple of weeks, which shook the Indian economy to its core, it is finally inching down.
Crude oil prices had gone up to $140 per barrel, the highest in 14 years after Russia invaded Ukraine. Now that the war between the two European nations is cooling off, oil prices have eased. Fear of major oil disruption from one of the biggest oil producers, Russia, had spiked up the prices.
A Ukrainian negotiator reportedly said on Tuesday that talks with Russia on a ceasefire and withdrawal of Russian troops from Ukraine are ongoing.
Moreover, resurgence of COVID-19 cases in China is another reason for the fall in prices of the commodity. This is because China is amongst the world’s largest oil importer and a new lockdown in the country may slow down oil demand and eventually reduce oil prices.
The fall in crude oil prices is good news for the Indian economy as the country imports 80% of its oil needs and any rise in oil price increases the import bill.
Equity markets are also cheering the moment as concerns around the Indian economy and heightened oil inflation have eased.
February 24 was when the markets witnessed one of the biggest crashes, which wiped out $177 billion from the Indian market because of the
On March 16, India’s benchmark indices
Despite the wide fluctuations in crude oil prices,
SEE ALSO: Razorpay makes its fifth acquisition, this time to empower banks
India logs 2,876 new COVID-19 infections and 98 fatalities in last 24 hours
Popular on BI
- Govt approves PLI scheme for making drones with outlay of Rs 120 cr, comes out with norms
- Apple transportation through drones to become reality in tribal Kinnaur district of HP
- Researchers develop device that uses sound waves to separate blood-based nanoparticles
- 5 Bihar villages to be developed into human-carnivore coexistence zone
- Delhi's air quality will likely improve from Sunday evening, says IMD
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World