The deal whisperer: Inside the rise of Raine Group's Jeff Sine
- Jeff Sine has built a career as an unorthodox banker.
- He's advised business moguls like Masayoshi Son and Rupert Murdoch.
- The Raine Group, a media- and entertainment-focused merchant bank, is now a billion-dollar business.
From humble beginnings, Jeff Sine built a career as an unorthodox banker who offered unvarnished advice and tamed unruly transactions for business moguls like Masayoshi Son and Rupert Murdoch. He defied the odds and built merchant bank The Raine Group into an investing empire in its own right.
Insider spoke with 10 people who have worked with Sine throughout his career, including senior bankers and clients. They explained how Sine became one of the world's most influential dealmakers, the origins of his relationships with Masa and other key clients, and how he built a billion-dollar business.
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Mukka Proteins IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet