This is the 19-slide pitch deck two 22-year-olds used to nab $57 million in funding from Silicon Valley
Technology is shattering legacy financial systems that can't keep pace with market demand — and
The company was quietly launched in 2017 by Henrique Dubugras and Pedro Franceschi, two 22-year-old engineers who previously founded Pagar.me, one of Brazil's largest payment processors.
Brex already has more than 1,000 customers signed up with the help of backing from investors including PayPal co-founders Peter Thiel and Max Levchin, early Facebook investor Yuri Milner, former Visa CEO Carl Pascarella, and esteemed startup incubator Y Combinator.
And we caught a glimpse of the Series B pitch deck Dubugras and Franceschi used to win them over.
In it, they lay out a clear problem: Technology startups often had trouble securing corporate credit cards — even if they had millions in the bank — because legacy banks and card issuers wanted to see company credit histories, which young institutions simply couldn't produce.
They had a simple solution: Remove the restrictions of legacy technology by giving instant approval to startups based on their available cash balance, including money raised through venture, rather than credit history.
In the deck, the founders outlined their plans to help startups of all sizes instantly get cards with higher limits, as well as automatic expense management and seamless integration with existing accounting systems.
As part of our coverage of the genesis of today's successful companies, BI Prime received Brex's permission to offer a look into the startup's full 19-slide pitch deck, which includes considerations such as:
- The startup's mission
- Key team members and previous backers
- The size of the market opportunity
- A step-by-step plan of how to solve credit cards for startups
- Some of the card's coolest features
- Data points showing how to scale the business
BI Prime is publishing dozens of stories like this each and every day. Want to get started by reading the full pitch deck?
- Exicom Tele-Systems IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4% in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6%
- Fiscal deficit at Jan-end touches 63.6% of full year target: Govt data
- Cabinet approves 3 semiconductor fab units, to generate 80,000 jobs
- RIL shares climb nearly 1% after announcing mega merger