Top 10 financial advisers in the Asia-Pacific region advised on nearly $140 billion worth of deals in the first half of 2020
- While the COVID-19 pandemic has been ravaging most of the world so far this year, the Asia-Pacific region saw deals worth $140 billion close in the first half of 2020.
- Investment bank Morgan Stanley took the lead, advising on over $25 billion worth of deals.
- Professional services firm Ernst & Young topped the table in terms of volume, advising on 32 deals in the same period.
- The Quant Group and ANZ advised on one deal each, but they entered the top 10 by advising on $10.6 billion and $7.9 billion deals respectively.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
According to a report by data and analytics company GlobalData, Morgan Stanley led in terms of the total value of deals closed, while Ernst & Young topped the charts when it comes to the number of deals closed.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
With that being said, Ernst & Young (EY) failed to make it to the top 10 in the list despite closing 32 deals. EY closed 33% more deals than Morgan Stanley, which came second by closing 24 deals.
AdvertisementAlso read: How long it took 11 of the world's richest people to become billionaires
“Morgan Stanley, apart from leading in value terms, also fared well in volume terms. In contrast, Ernst & Young, despite leading in volume terms, failed to make it to the list of top 10 advisers by value due to its involvement mostly in low-value transactions,”said Aurojyoti Bose, Financial Deals Analyst at GlobalData.
Two notable names in this list are the Quant Group and ANZ, who closed a single deal each. However, their deal values were large enough for them to make it to the top 10. While the Quant Group closed a deal worth $10.6 billion, ANZ closed a $7.9 billion deal.
In terms of value per deal, the Quant Group tops the table with an average of $10.6 billion per deal, while EY comes in last with $0.08 billion per deal.
|S. No.||Adviser name||Deals value ($ billion)||Number of deals||Value per deal ($ billion)|
|12||Ernst & Young||2.7||32||0.08|
According to an EY report, deal volumes in the Asia-Pacific region had dropped to their lowest levels since 2005 in the first quarter of 2020, when the COVID-19 crisis was at its peak in China.
These are the 5 largest mega-mergers so far in 2019
These 10 M&A deals defined the 2010s. Here's how they upended industries, drew regulatory ire, and transformed dealmaking
60 fintechs that are posed to take off in 2020, according to top VCs and investors
- Legendary Indian sprinter Milkha Singh to be cremated with state honours in Chandigarh
- Father’s Day 2021 -- here is a list of some memorable quotes and greetings
- Weekly crypto roundup: Burry’s crypto crash prediction, rapper Raftaar accepting crypto, crypto mining migration, and more
- Fully automatic washing machine for small family
- Best webcams for computer video conferencing