Trading bloodbath at Barclays — Nasdaq pushes back on SEC — Wells CEO on diversity
Happy hump day!
While much of
Wells Fargo chief executive Charles Scharf said during a Zoom meeting over the summer that the bank struggled to reach diversity goals because of a lack of qualified minority applicants, according to a recent Reuters report.
"While it might sound like an excuse, the unfortunate reality is that there is a very limited pool of black talent to recruit from," Scharf reportedly said in a subsequent memo, according to Reuters.
While some attendees of the meeting were offended by the comments, according to the story, at least one participant described it as "incredibly constructive."
Trading distressed credit is difficult during the best of times. Throw in a global pandemic, where even the most sound business models are at risk, and things can go wrong quickly.
Alex breaks down what exactly has gone wrong for the British bank.
Nasdaq follows the NYSE in publicly opposing the SEC's proposal to drastically limit visibility into money managers' investments
Rebecca Ungarino has the latest update on the battle over a proposal from the SEC on disclosures for money managers. Nasdaq is the latest financial firm to throw its hat in the ring and oppose the idea. Read all the details here.
A fintech that pairs small-business borrowers with lenders just launched data-driven matchmaking aimed at reinvigorating the space after a pandemic-induced slump
Small-business lending is going through some tough times. However, this fintech updated its platform in hopes of better connecting lenders with borrowers in the space. Shannen Balogh has the full story here.
Demand for lab space is booming, and real-estate giant JLL just hired a new life-sciences expert to lean into the opportunity
The Chainsmokers just raised $35 million from Mark Cuban, Ron Conway, others to invest in tech startups but quickly discovered that buying into a hot startup is harder than they imagined (Business Insider)
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Mukka Proteins IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet