Five Guys' franchisees founded a grilled-cheese shop that's going national - here's what it's like
And now that grilled-cheese concept Melt Shop has comfortably ensconced itself in Manhattan, it's looking to expand.
The chain's parent company, Aurify Brands, is no stranger to scaling up.
With a massive Five Guys franchise group in New York, Melt Shop has some serious experience behind it.
There are plans to double the chain's location count after netting $22.5 million in Series B funding in fall 2015; there are already several in the greater New York area, as well as a new store in the Mall of America in Minnesota.
Melt Shop has four locations in Manhattan, so I decided to head over to one to see what the chain is like.
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4% in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6%
- Fiscal deficit at Jan-end touches 63.6% of full year target: Govt data
- Cabinet approves 3 semiconductor fab units, to generate 80,000 jobs
- RIL shares climb nearly 1% after announcing mega merger
- Key infra sectors' growth slows to 15-month low of 3.6% in January