Flipkart, Amazon, Zomato and others partner with Delhi government to deliver via electric vehicles
Delhi government’s pilot EV project is called Deliver Electric Delhi.
- For the project, 1,000 EVs will be used for deliveries.
- E-commerce players to EV manufacturers all have come together for the project.
AdvertisementThe Delhi government is running a pilot project testing the use of
Some of the high profile participants include
“Delhi government is committed to reduce vehicular pollution through the introduction of electric vehicles,” said Kailash Gahlot, Minister of Transport, Government of NCT of Delhi.
The project is a joint initiative by the Dialogue and Development Commission of Delhi (DDC-Delhi) and Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI).
Companies have already started delivering products using EVs, without government push. In May, Zomato announced its partnership with eBikeGo to enable EV deliveries. Its rival Swiggy too is piloting an EV project across 10 cities in the country.
Meanwhile, there are reports that the Indian government could order ride-hailing giants Uber and Ola to convert 40% of their fleet to electric cars by 2026.
Uber, Ola might have to go electric by 2026 in India: Report
Swiggy rides the green wave, delivers 1.5 million orders on cycles; electric vehicles are next
Popular on BI
- Mukka Proteins IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet