Flipkart gets 50 million downloads on Google Play Store
AdvertisementFlipkart is the country’s first Indian app to cross 50 million downloads on Google’s Android Play Store. The company reached the number in the first week of February 2016.
A SimilarWeb report had earlier ranked Flipkart as the leading shopping app with 47% the share of visits. The combined traffic share of Flipkart and Myntra stood at 63% while Amazon was in the third position with 15.86% followed by Snapdeal at 13.84%.
The Indian e-commerce market is primarily mobile-led with around 70% of its traffic coming from mobile devices.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- Essential food item prices spiked in the last one year
- SC to hear SEBI's review petition against RIL on Oct 12
- OPINION: Can trust-based philanthropy become the mainstream?
- PM Modi on India’s 5G launch – here are the key points from the speech
- PM Modi inaugurates India Mobile Congress, experiences 5G devices being showcased
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World