Flipkart rider stabbed 20 times, choked with a shoelace for being late with mobile phone delivery
- The delivery person from
Flipkartwas stabbed around 20 times.
- They also robbed the man of Rs 40,000 that he had collected while making his rounds.
- The accused have been booked for attempt to murder and voluntarily causing hurt in committing robbery.
A delivery person from Flipkart was stabbed around 20 times on March 21, for delivering a mobile phone late. According to reports, a woman by the name of
Keshav, who was new to the area, was unable to find the residence of the accused who had repeatedly called him and yelled at him for the delay. When he finally managed to get to the location, Kamal Deep and Keshav got into an argument that led to her picking up a knife and attacking him.
Upon hearing the scuffle, Kamal Deep’s brother, Jitender Singh, came into the scene and though he initially tried to stop her, she allegedly egged him to join her and teach the man ‘a lesson.’ That was enough for the brother to join in on the act and the duo stabbed Keshav multiple times and even tried to strangle him with a shoelace. Not only that, they also robbed the man of Rs 40,000 that he had collected while making his rounds. Later, they dumped his body near a drain in the Chander Vihar area in
The Police PCR got a call about the body at around 9pm and the injured man was taken to
The duo have been booked for attempt to murder and voluntarily causing hurt in committing robbery under the Indian Penal Code Section 307 and Section 394 respectively at Nihal Vihar police station. During interrogation the accused tried to mislead the police, however, Keshav’s testimony was corroborated by the footage of him entering the building and then being dragged out by the accused all neatly captured by a CCTV camera in the opposite building. The not-so-bright attackers also left all the evidence -- the stolen money, blood-stained towel, the knife and the shoeless -- in a Flipkart bag at their residence, which was later recovered by the police.
Sadly, this is not an isolated incident. Delivery personnel have often been abused, robbed and even killed. In December 2016, 29-year-old Nanjundaswamy, another
Popular on BI
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Watch a raven take out a Google drone mid-air as the tech giant is forced to ground its home delivery service due to bird attacks
- Those who have held these stocks for a decade have only lost money
- MyGlamm has set aside $100 million to acquire 6 beauty and personal care brands under new entity
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state
- IPL 2021: Mumbai Indians slips down to seventh spot after losing a match to RCB