Floyd Mayweather's fight against Tenshin Nasukawa was 'fake,' according to a former UFC heavyweight
- Floyd Mayweather's win over Tenshin Nasukawa was "fake," according to the former UFC heavyweight Brendan Schaub.
- Mayweather knocked Nasukawa down three times in a first-round blowout on December 31, but his victory has not convinced everybody.
- The popular podcaster Schaub said he had seen "better acting in pornos," adding: "Of course this is fake."
Floyd Mayweather's victory over Tenshin Nasukawa has been slammed as a "fake," phoney fight
The retired American obliterated Nasukawa in the very first round of an exhibition bout that headlined the Rizin 14 show at the Saitama Arena in Saitama, Japan, on December 31.
Adopting an aggressive stance, Mayweather stalked Nasukawa from the opening bell and leathered him heavily with range-finding jabs and powerful right hands. He knocked the Japanese kickboxer down three times before the Rizin fighter's corner threw in the white towel in an act of surrender.
But Brendan Schaub, a popular Showtime podcaster and a former UFC heavyweight, has said the show was a sham.
"I've seen better acting in pornos," Schaub said, according to Boxing Scene. "Floyd's just doing his thing, he's the aggressor, so it's not as hard to fake it."
What gave the game away for Schaub was what he deemed theatrical behaviour from Nasukawa. "But Tenshin needs acting skills. They should have got someone to work with him on falling down, getting hit in the face, and all that.
"Of course this is fake," Schaub said. "Who cares? But of course, this is fake. Come on, you believed that?"
Mayweather claims he made $9 million for the exhibition and is not tempted to return to a boxing ring again.
- Donald Trump supporters baffled and divided over his claim that Republicans won't vote in 2022 or 2024
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Marjorie Taylor Greene has Zoom call silenced after 'irrelevant' impeachment testimony during hearing of Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons