Floyd Mayweather's fight against Tenshin Nasukawa was 'fake,' according to a former UFC heavyweight
- Floyd Mayweather's win over Tenshin Nasukawa was "fake," according to the former UFC heavyweight Brendan Schaub.
- Mayweather knocked Nasukawa down three times in a first-round blowout on December 31, but his victory has not convinced everybody.
- The popular podcaster Schaub said he had seen "better acting in pornos," adding: "Of course this is fake."
Floyd Mayweather's victory over Tenshin Nasukawa has been slammed as a "fake," phoney fight
The retired American obliterated Nasukawa in the very first round of an exhibition bout that headlined the Rizin 14 show at the Saitama Arena in Saitama, Japan, on December 31.
Adopting an aggressive stance, Mayweather stalked Nasukawa from the opening bell and leathered him heavily with range-finding jabs and powerful right hands. He knocked the Japanese kickboxer down three times before the Rizin fighter's corner threw in the white towel in an act of surrender.
But Brendan Schaub, a popular Showtime podcaster and a former UFC heavyweight, has said the show was a sham.
"I've seen better acting in pornos," Schaub said, according to Boxing Scene. "Floyd's just doing his thing, he's the aggressor, so it's not as hard to fake it."
Read more: Watch Mayweather beat Nasukawa in the first round of a bizarre exhibition fight
What gave the game away for Schaub was what he deemed theatrical behaviour from Nasukawa. "But Tenshin needs acting skills. They should have got someone to work with him on falling down, getting hit in the face, and all that.
"Of course this is fake," Schaub said. "Who cares? But of course, this is fake. Come on, you believed that?"
Mayweather claims he made $9 million for the exhibition and is not tempted to return to a boxing ring again.
After his victory, Mayweather said he only came back to entertain "the people of Japan."
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet
- Must do activities on your visit to Mahabaleshwar