Follow these 5 tips to land your first dream job
As the time for
Keep your CV short
While preparing your resume, remember to keep it short. It is important to mention your achievements as they give a fair idea about your caliber, however, avoid using long sentences. Remember, your potential employer is looking at several CVs and hence, a long CV will be least preferred. Besides, a lot of recruiters have noted the use of SMS language in the CVs. Never ever do that. Like they say- keep it short and simple.
Carry your work samples with you
Once your CV gets shortlisted, you will get a call for an interview. Remember to carry your work samples along. If it’s a project you worked on in college, go through it once again and carry its samples. Work samples speak volumes about the kind of worker you are. So make sure, you carry your samples along with a few copies of your CV.
A common question that every candidate is asked in an interview is to describe himself. It is done in order to get a better understanding of the job seeker. Hence, this makes it extremely important that you know yourself. You should be well aware of both your strengths and your weaknesses. Do SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threat) analysis of yourself before going for the interview. Unless, you know yourself well, how will you make the company believe in your capabilities.
An interviewer has sat on your chair several times before he reached the other side of the table. So, it is best to be honest about yourself than trying to act smart with him. Since you are a beginner, you are not expected to know all the answers. However, there are times when the interviewer may ask you tricky questions. In such a situation, it’s better to tell him honestly that you don’t know the answer. It is much better than shooting an arrow in the dark and end up looking like a complete fool.
Mind your social behaviour
Believe it or not, your social networking accounts are checked before you are called for an interview. What you post on social sites such as
Popular on BI
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Aditya Birla AMC IPO’s grey market premium stands at ₹70 per share; up 10% from issue price band
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: Here’s how to check allotment status
- MyGlamm has set aside $100 million to acquire 6 beauty and personal care brands under new entity
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state