Former EBay President Jeff Skoll Paid $6 Million For The House Right Next Door To His Beverly Hills Home
After dropping $11 million on a Beverly Hills mansion that once belonged to David Geffen, former eBay president Jeff Skoll has purchased the home next door for $6 million.
According to Variety, Skoll bought the Tudor-style house in an off-market deal that happened earlier this summer.
Not much is known about the property, though tax records show it has three bedrooms and three bathrooms over 3,038 square feet of space. There's also a large swimming pool in the backyard, though it's nothing compared to the luxurious setup in Skoll's current solar-panel-powered home.
It's unclear what Skoll plans to do with the property, but he certainly wouldn't be the first tech entrepreneur to buy multiple neighboring homes.
In 2013, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer bought a funeral home one block east from her home in Palo Alto.
In 2012, Facebook billionaire Mark Zuckerberg paid $43 million in separate deals to buy four houses adjacent to his Palo Alto home. He's currently facing legal trouble over the purchases.
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- Researchers develop AI-based algorithm that can detect unseen signs of heart failure
- Zoho adds features that can turn a video call into remote assistance for repairing cars, appliances and more
- Airtel announces IQ Video platform, to enable businesses to build video streaming products