Former Syracuse star Fab Melo has reportedly died at age 26 in Brazil
Jim McIsaac/Getty Images
Multiple reports have said that former Syracuse star basketball player Fab Melo has died in Brazil at the age of 26. Syracuse has confirmed the report.
Melo played two seasons with Syracuse, averaging 7.8 points and 5.8 rebounds his sophomore season. After his sophomore season, he declared himself eligible for the NBA Draft and was selected with the 22nd pick of the 2012 NBA Draft by the Boston Celtics.
One unconfirmed report from Brazil says Melo died of a possible heart attack.
Translation (via Google Translate): "After 26 years, the Brazilian pivo wing Fab Melo was found dead in his house in judge of outside. The cause may have been a heart attack."
Melo only played six games in the NBA before moving to the D-League and later to New Basketball Brazil to compete professionally.
Aps 26 anos, foi encontrado morto em sua casa em juiz de fora o ala pivo brasileiro Fab Melo. A causa pode ter sido um ataque cardíaco. pic.twitter.com/DDAtUtegHy- Jorge de Sá (@JorgeDesa) February 12, 2017
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000
- Now, tourists from G20 countries will get to use UPI instead of cash in India