'Fortnite' Season 8 launches today with new skins, new map locations, and a huge overhaul to its offline mode
- Season 8 of "Fortnite" launched on February 28th - adding new skins, gameplay changes and a brand new theme to the world's most popular game.
- In the game's latest update, a volcano has erupted on the island, creating new locations on the map and scattering lava everywhere.
- The new season of "Fortnite" adopts a pirate theme, placing treasure chests and cannons around the island and adding a huge pirate ship in one of the map's brand new areas.
- Players can purchase the Season 8 battle pass to unlock seven new skins, including three legendary outfits: Hybrid, Blackheart, and Luxe.
Season 8 of "Fortnite" has arrived, introducing a swashbuckling pirate theme for the spring and adding new locations to the island in "Battle Royale." Epic Games announced the new season with a cinematic trailer on Thursday.
"Fortnite" is the world's most popular video game, with more than 200 million registered players and more than 80 million active players each month. "Fortnite" is available on essentially every modern video game platform, including PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC, iOS, and Android. Players can squad up with each other regardless of what platform they choose.
The game has three separate modes: the mega-popular Battle Royale, the freewheeling Creative, and the single-player Save The World. Battle Royale and Creative modes are free to play, while Save the World costs $40.
A volcanic eruption marked the start of Season 8 on the "Fortnite" island, and players can now explore two new locations, Lazy Lagoon and Sunny Steps. The season 8 battle pass is available now as well, offering a fresh batch of new skins and other rewards. It also brings sweeping changes to the "Save the World" campaign.
These are all of the key updates in "Fortnite" Season 8:
Warning: You'll need the a Season 8 Battle Pass to get exclusive items during the season.
Season 8 introduces seven new skins; you'll need to grab a battle pass to unlock them all.
The Season 8 battle pass costs 950 vbucks, the in-game currency of "Fortnite." You can earn vbucks by playing the game, or pay $10 cash for 1,000 vbucks.
The battle pass contains dozens of rewards, like Woodsy, one "Fortnite's" two new pets.
A volcano has erupted on the "Fortnite" island, adding new locations and scattering lava across the map.
A huge pirate ship is docked in the Lazy Lagoon, one of Season 8's new points of interest. The first challenges of Season 8 include searching for pirate chests and finding pirate camps around the island.
The other new location, Sunny Steps, resembles a temple village. Maybe this is the home of the warriors from the Season 8 trailer?
You'll find pirate cannons scattered around the map in Season 8. Use them to fire yourself across the map, or launch cannonballs to do splash damage from a distance.
Season 8 also brings big changes to "Fortnite: Save the World," the game's offline mode. Unlike Battle Royale, you need to pony up $40 to get started with this mode.
Eight new heroes joined "Save the World" for Season 8.
The season 8 update also added a public voice chat channel for Creative Mode, and a new Jungle Temple theme.
Fortnite Season 8 will end on May 9th, so be sure to unlock your favorite rewards before then.
- Quantum Computing Explained
- 10 Foods you should avoid eating in breakfast
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue