Gmail and other popular Google services are experiencing a partial service disruption at a very bad time
Some of Google's most popular services, including Gmail and Google Calendar, are experiencing technical problems on Tuesday, preventing some users from accessing their email and other data.
"We're investigating reports of an issue with Gmail. We will provide more information shortly. Users have reported slowness and connectivity errors," a status post said on Google's online dashboard for monitoring performance of the applications that are part of its G Suite family of web apps.
The technical problems, which left many users scrambling to access important services, started coming into play as millions of people started preparing to tune into the webcast of Apple's 10th anniversary iPhone launch event.
Gmail, Calender, Google Drive, Google Docs and Google Sheets were all flagged as experiencing partial service disruptions as of 8:54am PT on Tuesday morning.
Google did not immediately return a request for comment.
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds
- Climate change could cause millions of children to be born prematurely, suffer lifelong complications
- Markets record rally makes investors richer by ₹4.29 lakh crore
- From undernutrition to obesity, Lancet study unveils India's double whammy
- GST collections in February rise 12.5% to cross ₹1.68 lakh crore