Go on a vacation and you can pay later, even after your break. Here’s how
The company, however, is currently figuring out how to handle the know-your-customer regulatory norms and courier services for these cash transactions.
MakeMyTrip also said that the recent demonetisation of large notes had not yet affected its plan to collect parts of the payments in cash as it had just been a week.
The company is also revamping its desktop site to make it easier for potential customers to find and grab the deal.
"Desktop is a significant part of the game plan. There is cross-device behaviour because travel is a more considered purchase than fashion. Certain users and travel products are more amenable to the desktop website," Bapna, chief product officer, MakeMyTrip told ET.
The company is also aiming on helping the customer to find a relevant deal and just not listing all the hotels in a search.
"Every hotel is perfect for a certain need. So even a cockroach-ridden hotel near a bus-stand is the perfect hotel for someone who doesn't want to spend too much money but just needs to change clothes before going to an interview," Bapna told ET.
Bapna said this idea involves getting more information and understanding the user better and the desktop allows this structure.
Popular on BI
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds
- Climate change could cause millions of children to be born prematurely, suffer lifelong complications
- Markets record rally makes investors richer by ₹4.29 lakh crore
- From undernutrition to obesity, Lancet study unveils India's double whammy
- GST collections in February rise 12.5% to cross ₹1.68 lakh crore