Goa will reserve 4 in every 5 private jobs for locals-- making it the third Indian state to crackdown on migration
Goa governmentwants to reserve 80% private jobs for locals.
Andhra Pradeshgovernment too announced 75% job reservation for localsin private companies.
- India’s unemployment rate stood at 7.91% in June, according to the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE).
Four in every five jobs in Goa will now belong to Goans only.
Goa does not have an employment or labour policy at present. However, this recent change will require them to have one. It will take at least six months of the policy to come in place.
“In the interest of the state’s youth, who mainly are employed on a contractual basis in various industries, if we are to ensure 80% jobs are given to Goans and to secure their jobs, then the policy will have to be finalised at the earliest,” Sawant said.
However, the state government also noted that the initiative can only be implemented if the companies also benefit from it.
As job crisis looms across the country, more states are taking protectionist measures. The Andhra Pradesh government too reserved 75% jobs for its local citizens. In fact, the Madhya Pradesh government also said that it will formulate a law to ensure 70% jobs belong to locals.
In India, the unemployment rate stood at 7.91% in June this year, as per Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE).
Only one in five people trained under government's Skill India Mission found jobs
AdvertisementSoft skills can save your job from the machines but young professionals are severely short of it
There may be 33,000 vacancies for freshers in India's retail and FMCG sector
Popular on BI
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip