Goa will reserve 4 in every 5 private jobs for locals-- making it the third Indian state to crackdown on migration
Goa governmentwants to reserve 80% private jobs for locals.
Andhra Pradeshgovernment too announced 75% job reservation for localsin private companies.
- India’s unemployment rate stood at 7.91% in June, according to the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE).
Four in every five jobs in Goa will now belong to Goans only.
Pramod Sawant, the Chief Minister of Goa said that reservations will apply to permanent jobs across industry roles. The companies will have to hire a minimum of 60% permanent staff, Hindustan Times reported.
Goa does not have an employment or labour policy at present. However, this recent change will require them to have one. It will take at least six months of the policy to come in place.
“In the interest of the state’s youth, who mainly are employed on a contractual basis in various industries, if we are to ensure 80% jobs are given to Goans and to secure their jobs, then the policy will have to be finalised at the earliest,” Sawant said.
However, the state government also noted that the initiative can only be implemented if the companies also benefit from it.
As job crisis looms across the country, more states are taking protectionist measures. The Andhra Pradesh government too reserved 75% jobs for its local citizens. In fact, the Madhya Pradesh government also said that it will formulate a law to ensure 70% jobs belong to locals.
In India, the unemployment rate stood at 7.91% in June this year, as per Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE).
AdvertisementOnly one in five people trained under government's Skill India Mission found jobs
Soft skills can save your job from the machines but young professionals are severely short of it
There may be 33,000 vacancies for freshers in India's retail and FMCG sector
- HUL aims to achieve 100% plastic waste collection this year
- India now allows you to avail a discount on flight ticket if you are not carrying a check-in baggage
- Leader of Opposition, 4 other Cong MLAs suspended for rest of Budget session over alleged manhandling of Himachal Pradesh Governor. PTI DJI SMN ASH ASH
- Levi’s ad with global ambassador Deepika Padukone aims at inspiring a culture of sisterhood and celebrate individuality
- Property tax in Telangana can now be paid via WhatsApp