Goldman CEO Blankfein to depart from bank in December, says NYTimes
- Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein is expected to step down from the bank in December, according to a report from the New York Times.
- The announcement of Blankfein's retirement could come at the firm's annual dinner for retired partners. President David Solomon is expected to replace Blankfein.
- Possible replacements for Solomon include investment banking co-head John Waldron, investment management co-head Eric Lane and head of the consumer bank Stephen Scherr.
Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein is expected to step down from the bank in December, according to a report from the New York Times. Blankfein, who is likely to be replaced by president David Solomon, may make his exit announcement at the firm's annual dinner for retired partners.
Investment banking cohead John Waldron, investment management cohead Eric Lane and head of the consumer bank Stephen Scherr could get bigger jobs in Solomon's management team, the New York Times said, citing anonymous sources.
A representative for Goldman declined to comment.
As Business Insider reported today, the era of Solomon has already begun. Blankfein is consulting Solomon more frequently on strategy and management decisions, and the presumptive CEO is making his voice heard.
Solomon has already put his mark on the investment-banking division, and many expect him to turn his attention to other divisions, as well as critical roles like president, or even finance chief.
Two executives close to Blankfein, securities coheads Pablo Salame and Isabelle Ealet, departed Goldman this past week, with more big changes at the bank expected.
Get the latest Goldman Sachs stock price here.
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Wipro, Infosys, Tech Mahindra revoke offer letters given to freshers: Reports
- Reliance Jio and Airtel 5G prices may be affordable for now but expected to increase after wider rollout
- Omnichannel becomes omniscient as retailers gear up for revenge festive celebration
- Redmi Pad Review: A decent tablet for the masses
- Electronics Mart India IPO is subscribed 1.69 times on day 1
- Big B’s best movies are back on the big screens - Here are 11 you can watch
- Reliance Jio to begin beta trial of 5G in four cities on Dussehra with unlimited data
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World