Google is appealing its $5 billion EU antitrust fine over Android
- Google has submitted an appeal to the EU refuting the €4.3 billion ($5 billion) fine it received for abusing the dominance of its Android operating system.
- Google is following through on its promise to appeal when the fine was imposed in July.
- It is already appealing a separate antitrust fine from the EU for promoting its own shopping platform within Google search.
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Midnight Black 2GB RAM 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
The EU's fine also came with the stipulation that Google had to cease the trade practices the Commission identified as anti-competitive, such as requiring mobile device manufacturers to preinstall Google's browser and search apps for access to the Play store, within 90 days or else face penalty payments of up to 5% of Alphabet's daily revenue. The deadline for this is October 28 and Google's appeal will not grant it any extension on this deadline."The Commission will defend its decision in Court," a Commission spokeswoman told Business Insider
Google is also currently appealing a previous €2.4 billion ($2.7 billion) antitrust fine, which was imposed after the EU found Google was promoting its own shopping service in its search engine.Business Insider has contacted Google for comment. It told the Financial Times: "We have now filed our appeal of the EC's Android decision at the General Court of the EU."Get the latest Google stock price here.
- Today is the last day of Rolex Rings’ ₹731 crore IPO with a price band of ₹880-900
- Punjab to bring Bill to earmark welfare budget for SCs in proportionate to their population
- High Pressure car washer price in India
- Best boAt headphones to buy in India
- Nothing ear (1) review – clean sound, transparent design for the win