Google is moving into a former Los Angeles shopping mall to open a massive new 584,000 square-foot office
- Google is growing its presence in Los Angeles, the company says.
- Google has leased a new 584,000 square foot office in West Los Angeles that is scheduled to be completed by 2022.
- Dubbed "One Westside," the offices will take up part of what is today the Westside Pavilion mall.
- The expansion is Google's latest since announcing its new $1 billion New York City campus in December.
Google is growing its presence in Los Angeles, the company said on Tuesday.
Google will entirely take over all 584,000 square feet of space at One Westside - an office space that will take up part of what is today the Westside Pavilion mall in West Los Angeles. A portion of the mall will continue to operate once Google moves in, but the tech giant will fill the rest of the space.
"Google's been a proud member of the Los Angeles community since 2003. We're excited to continue investing in the community as part of Hudson Pacific and Macerich's adaptive reuse project at One Westside," said RG Kahoe, Google's Real Estate Project Executive for the Southwest.
One Westside is scheduled to be completed by 2022. The company's 14-year lease will begin upon completion of the project.
One Westside will be Google's third office space in the Los Angeles area. The company opened a major headquarters in the region in Venice Beach - equipped with a giant binocular entrance and climbing wall - back in 2011. It also leased a 319,000 square foot hangar in Playa Vista, California in 2016.
The expansion is Google's latest since announcing its new $1 billion New York City campus in December.
A Google spokesperson did not immediatley respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
Get the latest Google stock price here.
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World