Google is reportedly renewing its assault on the iPhone X with a redesigned and upgraded Pixel 3 phone
- Google plans to release two new smartphones this year, the Google Pixel 3 and Google Pixel 3 XL, according to a report from Bloomberg's Mark Gurman.
- The new devices will have upgraded rear cameras and two front-facing cameras. The Pixel 3 XL will reportedly have a nearly edge-to-edge display and a notch design similar to the iPhone X.
- Google has discussed building the phones with iPhone manufacturer Foxconn, Bloomberg reports.
Google's upcoming Pixel smartphone could feature a bigger screen, two front-facing cameras, and its very own notch, in a design that sounds very similar to the $999 Apple iPhone X.
According to a new report from Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, Google plans to release two new phones in October - the Google Pixel 3 and the Google Pixel 3 XL.
The new devices will feature dual front-facing cameras and an upgraded camera on the back. The larger device will have a nearly edge-to-edge screen, plus a notch design at the top similar to the iPhone X, Bloomberg reports.
Also new this year: Google has reportedly approached Foxconn, the same manufacturer that produces iPhones, to discuss building the Pixel phones.
Google first introduced its line of Pixel smartphones in 2016, and released the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL in 2017. The phone is widely considered one of the best Android smartphones you can buy, but last year's models were beset by a wave of issues, including problems with the Pixel 2 XL's screen, weird clicking noises coming from the smaller Pixel 2, delivery delays, and more.
You can read more about Google's plans for the Pixel 3 over at Bloomberg.
Get the latest Google stock price here.
- Sensex, Nifty50 hit fresh all-time highs – Bharat Petroleum, Reliance Industries surge
- Best pillow for neck pain India
- Strong bank loan growth in FY23 despite higher interest rates: Fitch
- Startups are leading office real estate leasing in India: JLL
- Domestic air passenger traffic crosses 4-lakh mark for two straight days