Google is selling a load of battery patents
The patents, which are on sale now, are grouped into six categories, including "Hybrid," "Charging," and "Hardware." The pricing of the patents is not public and will be disclosed to potential buyers only, according to the sales document.
The document includes five "featured" patents out of the 207. These include US Patent 6,320,354 - a "Method and apparatus for battery charging" - and US Patent 5,854,549 - a "Contact arrangement having an auxiliary contact" - among others.
The purchase of Motorola was, in part, driven by the large patent portfolio the company had and Google wanted. However, a court recently said that Google held Motorola's patents in bad faith.
Google ranked fifth for the most patents awarded in 2015, behind Samsung and LG. Apple and Microsoft came in 12th and 9th, respectively.
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months