With Google, now search your health woos away
First came content, then came the internet bus to distribute the content and now in 2016 comes the
“In India 1 in 20
This health search will give accurate, well-curated and verified information of 431 diseases, including neglected tropical diseases and mental health conditions. For India, they have also launched ‘LITE’ cards as 50% of the internet users are on 2G connection, said Prem.
The information includes symptoms, most common medical facts and illustrations. This is different than the normal Google searches as this is customised according to local terms used for different diseases like Madras Eye for conjunctivitis.
One can even save a pdf of the content and share to make it available to a larger audience.
The content is sourced and reviewed by numerous doctors. Besides Prem also works with 3 medical doctors in his product team.
“By next year they plan to target about 1.5 billion of internet users in the country,” Prem told Business Insider India.
The idea was inspired by the paper illustrations and medical charts at an ASHA run local hospital at Bhallavgarh. Hence the journey started, said Anjali Joshi, Vice President, Search,
But this search works when we enter a disease, not the symptoms.
“This becomes too complicated and we are not working at it right now,” said Anupam Sibal, Medical Doctor, Apollo Hospitals.
This product was launched in Brazil two weeks ago and in US last year. It is available in
- Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
- Sequoia and PayPal-backed Pine Labs completes a first close of $285 million funding round from new investors
- BJP spent significantly less on advertising during Kerala elections this year, its ad insertions on TV, Radio and Print decreased from 21% in 2016 to 1% in 2021
- Google I/O 2021: Here's what to expect from Google's biggest annual conference
- ISRO announces its decision to share technology to make portable medical oxygen concentrators developed by VSSC