Gujarat-China Create History: Sign Three Agreements For A Better Tomorrow
One pact was signed between China Development Bank and Industrial Extension Bureau of the Gujarat government for developing industrial parks in Gujarat. Chinese investors from electrical, electronics, plastic and other sectors will establish their units in these industrial parks.
Another pact was signed between China's Guangdong province, which is the most populous province of China, and the Gujarat government for developing a 'sister province.' It would promote cooperation in trade and industry, environmental studies, science and technology, health, culture and tourism, waste water management, sports and infrastructure in the sister province.
“Gujarat is promoting manufacturing sector in a big way and Chinese firms have shown interest in setting up their manufacturing units in the state,” said Gujarat’s Additional Chief Secretary (Industries) J Pandian.
“Gujarat has received Rs 700 crore investment from two Chinese firms which have opened their factories in Gujarat. Now, in the proposed industrial park, likely to come up near Vadodara, many companies will set up their factories and Gujarat authorities will facilitate them,” he added.
The third MoU was inked between Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation and Guangzhou for information sharing on various issues such as health, culture, science and technology, environment and education.
Popular on BI
- Beijing says it's 'natural' for the US to 'feel sour' after Boeing loses out to Airbus on $37 billion China plane deal
- Ukraine's drones are becoming increasingly ineffective as Russia ramps up its electronic warfare and air defenses
- Coinbase-backed Indian crypto exchange Vauld suspends trading, deposits and withdrawals amid market downturn
- 30 large reservoirs in India dip to a decadal low after erratic rains in June
- Tata Motors, Kotak Mahindra Bank, IndusInd Bank among stocks to watch out for on July 5
- Best face wash for men in India
- Bajaj in top gear, Hero flat while Maruti declines – here’s how Indian auto cos performed in June 2022
- Revenge shopping and revenge travelling trends are simmering down in India