Bollywood star Ranveer Singh launches an independent record label amid India’s new love for hip-hop
Ranveer Singhalong with filmmaker-musician Navzar Eranee has launched IncInk.
- IncInk will support upcoming music artistes in the country and boost rap and hip hop music scene.
- The launch of the label comes in after the success of Singh’s movie
The actor has launched the label IncInk along with filmmaker-musician Navzar Eranee.
“We are launching some really raw, immensely talented, new rap and hip hop artists who we believe will be the next superstars. Rap and hip hop are the biggest things happening in Indian music today," Singh said in a press release.
Calling it his “passion project,” Singh tweeted that the label would discover, nurture and promote exciting talents from across India.
The launch comes in after the success of Singh’s Bollywood movie “Gully Boy,” which traces the rising journey of a rap star from the streets of Mumbai’s slum Dharavi.
Rap and hip hop in India rose slowly but have now taken over the ‘new music scene’ of the country.
AdvertisementArtistes like Divine and Naezy have made a name for themselves in the country. However, these artistes took to online streaming platforms like YouTube to make their music popular, with the presence of a record label to boost these artistes will make way for rap and hip hop to evolve quickly in India.
YouTube Music is a lot like Spotify but cheaper
Spotify got a million Indians to try its app in a week — but they will only stay if the price is right
Popular on BI
- Best pet beds to buy in India
- Best pickle jars for storage in India
- Best clutches for women in India
- Punjab National Bank's net profit more than doubles to ₹1,127 crore
- Karnataka legislature joint session from Feb 14, budget in March first week