Here are 12 of the most important executives leading Google Cloud as it takes on Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
Google; Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
With Amazon and Microsoft gobbling up large portions of the share on the cloud market, Google Cloud is playing catch-up.Still, since former Oracle veteran Thomas Kurian took the reins as Google Cloud CEO, it's expanded on its ambitions.Advertisement
On top of that, Google Cloud recently made changes in its sales organization to go after bigger customers and reward high-performing sales employees. It's even making some big acquisitions, such as its $2.6 billion acquisition of data analytics startup Looker.Google Cloud is also releasing more products to cater to enterprises. For example, it launched Anthos, a hybrid cloud product - meaning it allows customers to run their applications and data not only on Google Cloud, but also on private data centers. Notably, it can even run on rival clouds - a strategy Kurian reportedly tried to execute at Oracle. With Anthos, Google Cloud beat Amazon to launching a generally available hybrid cloud product.
Subscribe to read: Here are 12 of the most important executives leading Google Cloud as it takes on Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
Get the latest Google stock price here.
- Massive fire breaks out in shoe factory in Delhi's Keshavpuram area
- UP: Two new COVID-19 cases in Shamli, tally stands at 10
- Paytm sends 4,000 masks for frontline COVID-19 workers in Madhya Pradesh
- Uber lays off 600 employees in India as coronavirus pandemic leaves its cabs empty
- COVID-19 cases rise to 3,103 in Indore; death toll reaches 117