Here are the 10 types of alcoholic drinks
AdvertisementDrinks that contain ethanol are commonly termed as
Vodka alcoholic drink
Historically, vodka has been sourced either from potatoes or from cereal grains by fermenting them. Some brands make vodka from fruits or sugar too. Vodka is one of the most popular and highly sought after alcoholic drink it is either consumed as it is or make as cocktails like Cosmopolitan, Bloody Mary and Martini.
Whiskey is a kind of distilled alcoholic drink. It is prepared from fermented grain mash like rye, barley, wheat and corn. Whiskey is fermented in charred white oak wood in order to achieve the unique kind of flavor. Once
Though it is possible to make brandy from any fruit, the most popular choice for making them is early grapes. Used predominantly as an after dinner drink, brandy contains about 35% to 60% of alcohol. To age brandy, it is stored in wooden barrels or subjected to caramel coloring.
We can say vermouth is a type of aromatized wine. To enhance the taste of wine, it is infused with the ingredients like roots, barks, spices, seeds, flowers and herbs. To fortify it, brandy is added to the preparation. The two kinds of vermouth are sweet and dry.
The making of Cognac is a difficult process as it would need meeting some requirements. This is a kind of brandy made of a special type of Ugni Blanc grapes. It must be distilled two times in copper pot and then aged for not less than two years in French oak barrels sourced from the French districts like Troncais and
The main ingredients that go into the making of beer are water, hops, yeast and barley. The process of making beer include extracting the sugar from barley and then fermenting it by yeast. Other grains like rye, wheat, rice and maize can also be used to make beer.
This is a highly sweet drink. A kind of fortified wine, it is manufactured in Portugal in a traditional way. The varieties of grapes employed into its making include Tinta Roriz, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Cão, and Touriga Francesa.
This is a kind of alcoholic drink similar to vodka. The name gin comes from Juniper berries. The ingredients that go into it include juniper, cinnamon, coriander, citrus peel, and almond in addition to neutral grain alcohol.
The non-alcoholic cider also known as soft cider is nothing but the raw apple juice offered without filtering it. The yeasts naturally found in apples convert the sugars of apple into alcohol and carbon dioxide. Some examples for cider related rinks are perry (made from pears), rhubarb and quince cider.
Popular on BI
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know