Here Are The States Whose Capitals Are Also Their Largest Cities
In most states, the capital of the state is NOT the biggest city in the state.
Using a data set from the US Geological Service that includes location and 2010 Census population data, we made a map showing every state's capital and largest city. States where the capital is the largest city are in green, and their capitals are in yellow. States where the capital is not the largest city are in grey, and their capitals are in red and largest cities in blue:
Here's the list of states where the capital is the largest city:
And the states where the capital is not the largest city:
Popular on BI
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- List of Famous things to buy in Srinagar
- What you need to know when you exercise your stock option plan
- BGMI release date announced: Available to Android users for download starting today
- Gangubai Kathiawadi tops technical awards at 23rd IIFA's music-loaded opening
- About 27K employees lost jobs at Indian startups to date, over 8K this year