Here are the top 5 most popular VR headsets - and what they cost
Although several high-profile virtual reality headsets have launched in the past couple of years, the world of VR can be confusing.
Some headsets need to be plugged into a powerful gaming computer, for example, but others only need a Samsung phone.
But it's clear that the headsets currently on the market represent the early days of VR.
(IDC's estimate did not include low-end VR headsets like Google Cardboard or Daydream, which are typically given away for free or sold for under $100 and use a phone as its screen and processor.)
But out of those 2.3 million headsets shipped, what are the most popular VR headsets so far, and which should you consider if you want to buy one? Let's take a look at the top 5 VR headsets available today:
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance
- Supercomputers are faster and more powerful — but need to be more energy-efficient
- Best hair removal cream for women in India
- Sensex, Nifty maintain 3-day streak, rally by nearly 1%