Here come Tesla's earnings
- Tesla will report third-quarter earnings Wednesday afternoon.
- Musk has previously said the company could be cash flow positive this quarter.
- All eyes will be on the Model 3's average selling price, a major component of the company's profitability.
Here's what Wall Street analysts are expecting:
- Adjusted earnings: -$0.15 per share
- Revenue: $6.315 billion
All eyes will be on the EPS line when the numbers are released. CEO Elon Musk said in April that Tesla will become free cash flow positive by Q3 and Q4.
"If they aren't profitable, it's a problem," UBS analyst Colin Langan said in a note. "If Tesla is unable to report a profit in Q3 & Q4 with ASPs (average selling prices) ~$60k, we struggle to understand how they will be profitable when ASPs normalize at ~$45k."
Langan's price target for Tesla is $190, much lower than Wall Street's average price target of $301 - roughly in line with the stock's price Wednesday afternoon.
Shares of Tesla had sank from previous highs on Wednesday, and were trading up about 0.4% Wednesday afternoon. Options pricing was implying a move of 7% in either direction following the earnings report, according to data from Bloomberg.
Short sellers, or those investors betting against Tesla's stock price, had increased their bets ahead of the report, with nearly $10 billion riding against the stock.
Check back after markets close for Tesla's full earnings report.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade