HERE COMES THE FED ANNOUNCEMENT...
The Federal Reserve is set to announce its latest monetary policy decision at the top of the hour.
The announcement will be followed by a press conference with Fed Chair Janet Yellen, which is set to begin at 2:30 pm ET.
Expectations are for the Fed to take another $10 billion off its QE program and keep interest rates between 0%-0.25%.
But the market is also looking for a few other things.
In addition to the latest monetary policy decision, we also get the Fed's latest Summary of Economic Projections, which gives GDP, inflation, and interest rates projections for FOMC members. This also includes the famous dot plot.
People are also looking to see if the Fed continues using the phrase "considerable time" to characterize how long it expects to elapse between the end of its QE program and its first interest rate hike.
In Yellen's press conference, the market is looking for any additional color regarding how the Fed might exit from its QE program, including the interest rate it puts on excess bank reserves parked at the Fed and overnight reverse repo agreements.
- Toyota was right about hybrid cars all along
- The youngest son of Asia's richest man is getting married, and the pre-wedding event features Rihanna, a 9-page dress code, and live animals
- Check out some of the best and most daring looks at Ambani's pre-wedding bash — from Rihanna to Mark Zuckerberg
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams