Here's A Video Of A Japanese Baseball Player Trying To Hit A 186 MPH Fastball
Takeshi Yamasaki, a former Nippon Pro baseball player, gave his best shot at hitting an insane 186mph fastball for a Japanese game show recently, and his performance was about the same as it would be if you were up at bat.
Yamasaki racked up 403 home runs over his 25-year career according to CBS Sports, but that doesn't really matter when a ball is coming at twice its normal speed from a pitching machine. In the video uploaded to YouTube, Yamasaki just laughs after barely moving his bat while the ball whizzes right by him.
Here it is (the actual 186mph pitch happens around 4:30):
Popular on BI
- India may require 31,000 pilots in next 20 years: Boeing
- Unlike global economy, India would not slow down: RBI article
- Tier-1 cities’ home sales is 2x of what it’s in tier-2 cities: PropEquity
- Thomas Cook India, SOTC launch Green Carpet to help companies manage carbon emissions of biz travel
- Moody's downgrades outlook for UBS to negative, after Credit Suisse take over