Here's how brands are responding to Trump's criticism of the NFL anthem protests
The anthem protests, started by Colin Kaepernick last year, were meant to protest police brutality against black Americans.
Now, after President Trump derided players who have knee led during the anthem, the issue has blown up into a dangerous firestorm for brands trying to avoid controversy.
There are 35 brands sponsoring the NFL this year. Of those, a few have put out statements.
Most of the statements seem to neither support Trump's criticisms nor the players who have protested during the national anthem, though a few go far enough to defend players.
- Goa partners with World Bank to tackle sea level rise, coastal erosion and other climate change-related hazards
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Ring with health-tracking features at MWC
- Govt may look at enhanced KYC requirements for certain class of corporates
- Sebi cautions investors against fraudulent trading platforms offering stock mkt access via FPI route
- Fuel your weight gain journey with these 7 drinks